T & C
Please understand that by using this web site you agree to the following terms and conditions. We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. All purchases from the date of posting onwards will be governed by that new version.
- Prices are as set out on the website but we reserve the right to alter prices at any time.
- We accept card payments via the Stripe payment gateway.
- We charge for the order in full at the time the order is placed.
- You undertake that all details which you provide to us for the purpose of ordering goods are correct, that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the order.
- James & May do not store credit card information. We do not sell our customers' details.
- Your statutory rights are not affected but otherwise all purchases are non-exchangeable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
- You will receive an order confirmation by email as soon as you have placed an order. Please keep it as we may ask you for information from it in any correspondence. If you do not receive this email please contact email@example.com so that we can investigate and confirm that your order has been placed successfully.
Portrayal of products
- Every care has been taken to ensure that descriptions and specifications are correct. However, whilst the colour reproduction is a close representation, the calibration and settings of individual screens may affect the portrayal of colours.
- All measurements quoted are approximate. The majority of our products are handmade and slight variations may occur.
- You are entitled to cancel your contract within 7 working days of receipt of the goods. If you wish to do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting your order number.
- If your order has already been dispatched please follow our returns procedure
- This does not affect your statutory rights.
- All fixed lighting should be installed by an insured professional. You should make sure that all electrical connections are installed in a manner that meets Part P criteria.
- We do not include any fixing screws as the installation of our items is subject to the environment in which it is installed. You should make sure that all items are installed in a secure manner that is suitable to the use and weight of the item.
- We will not be liable for any form of damage caused through the use or installation of our products, and under no circumstance will we pay by way of compensation any amount above that which was paid to us by the customer.
- None of our lighting is IP rated and as such should only be used in dry, dust-free environments.
- All of our lighting is CE certified.
- James and May aim to deliver all orders within the timescale laid out in our delivery policy but during busy periods delivery may take slightly longer.
- If you are unhappy with a product for any reason, it can be returned to us in perfect condition and in the original packaging within 14 days and we’ll refund or replace. This does not affect cancellations or your statutory rights.
- Please do not return damaged or faulty items without first contacting us.
- You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods to us, and will remain responsible for any and all returned goods until they reach our warehouse. We strongly advise that a proof of postage certificate should be obtained when returning any part of you order.
- Returns and exchanges will be processed as soon as possible after arrival.
- Our returns address is: James & May, 12 Hayhouse Road, Earls Colne, Colchester, Essex, CO6 2PD
- All our goods are sold in the good faith that they are of good quality and not faulty or unfit for purpose and we are happy to replace or refund any goods where this is found not to be the case. However, our liability is limited to the value of the purchased goods and we accept no responsibility for any costs associated with the supply of faulty goods.
- James & May endeavours to ensure that the information available on the website at any one time is true and accurate but cannot guarantee that it will be error-free and the user acknowledges that information, products and services published on this web site may include inaccuracies and typographical errors. If the goods do not, on receipt by you, substantially meet the description on this web site you are entitled to reject the goods and return them to us.
- By law, you also have the right to withdraw from the purchase of an item within seven working days of the day after the date the item is delivered. Goods are provided to you on approval and legal title to the goods will not pass to you until fourteen  days after delivery. Your statutory rights are not affected by this statement.
- James & May does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses, trojans, worms or anything else that may have destructive properties.
- James & May does not accept liability for any errors and omissions and reserves the right to change information, specifications and descriptions of listed goods, products and services. James & May will do its best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them.
- James & May makes no representations about the fitness for a particular purpose of any of the products or services available on this website.
- James & May does not accept liability for any indirect or consequential loss arising out of the use of the website or for any products or services purchased from the website. James & May cannot accept any liability for a failure to comply with instructions specifically stated on the Website. James & May will only be liable for direct loss (save in the case of death or personal injury in respect of which there is no limit) up to a maximum total of the price of the product purchased in respect of any claim.
- This Liability section applies only to the extent permitted by law. By placing an order you are agreeing to these terms.
- Every effort is made to ensure that this website is free from viruses and defects however, this cannot be guaranteed.
- James & May shall not be liable to any person for loss or damage which may arise to computer equipment as a result of using this website.
- All rights for this website are owned by James & May
- Any use of this website, its images or content, including copying or storing it or them in whole or part, other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited without the permission of James & May.
- You may not modify, distribute or re-post anything on this website for any purpose.
- Stripe is the company that processes our customer credit card payments. Stripe is an independent Payment Service Provider awarded the highest level of certification.
- This website, its content and any contract brought into being as a result of using this site are governed by and construed in accordance with English Law.
- Your contract is with James & May, 12 Hayhouse Road, Earls Colne, Colchester Essex.
- James & May is the trading name of Andrea Dixon.
- The site is owned and operated by James & May